Ways to Use Fypon Moulding on the Exterior and Interior
Moulding is an easy addition to any home and can add an air of sophistication. Several styles of moulding are available to easily match the style of any home. The most widely known is crown moulding. But, did you know the horizontal piece of trim that crowns the wall of a building is really named cornice moulding? So, what are a few ways you can use moulding and what does it all mean? Here are a few examples:
- Use baseboard trim to spruce up the perimeter of a room at the bottom of the wall. Baseboard trim is an easy addition to any style room and creates a distinctive look. It can also be painted or stained to coordinate with wall colors.
- Chair rails can be used to add visual interest to a room, or to create a unique space for a dining room or family room area. Plus, chair rails can protect beautifully painted walls from scuffs and dings.
- Many builders use crown moulding to create an elegant look while also adding value in a simple way. It adds architectural detail to make any style of home beautiful and can give style guidance to a room’s décor.
- Looking for that stately look on a home? Add dentil moulding! It is a series of closely spaced, rectangular blocks that form the moulding under a cornice on the roof line of a building. It can also be used as a decorative band anywhere on a home. It may not fit in with every style of home but when it works, it wows.
- Another way you can add moulding to a home is using window casing or trim or a door surround kit. Change out a traditional wood surround with polyurethane for easy upkeep and resistance to water and insects. It makes the exterior much brighter and more complete!