Louvers and Gable Vents: Easy to Install and Aesthetically Pleasing
At Fypon, when it comes to louvers we have two options that are sure suit all your building needs. Louvers and gable vents can be the perfect addition for your next project whether you need them to be fully functional, or you’re just looking to add greater curb appeal.
Functional louvers provide additional ventilation, complete with angled slats and a non-corrosive screen to prevent dirt and insects from entering the building. Not only are these great for providing additional airflow needed to reduce heat build-up, they are extremely easy to install.
In just 5 steps you’re ready to go:
- Position the louver against the siding in desired location and level.
- Using the louver as a template, trace the outline of the louver as it rests against the siding. Check to make sure your cut will not pass through studs and electrical lines.
- Cut an undersized hole 2" inside the outline of the louver.
- Attach the louver through the brickmould edge of the louver with fasteners and adhesive.
- Wipe off excess fill holes and paint.
Your project doesn’t need ventilation, just a little something to make the exterior pop? Our decorative louvers are the perfect accent for you! Decorative louvers have closed, non-ventilating slats that don’t allow air to pass through.
These can also be installed in 5 steps:
- Apply adhesive to the perimeter edge of the backside of the louver.
- Place the louver in position against the exterior sidewall of the home, making sure it is level.
- Secure the louver through the brickmould with fasteners.
- Wipe off excess adhesive.
- Patch holes & touch up or paint.
Both louvers are available in smooth or woodgrain and can be applied as trim with keystone or brickmould. Fypon offers louvers in several different styles, ready to be stained or painted to match virtually any project. Styles include: cathedral, eyebrow, peaked, half-round, oval, round, octagon, diamond, triangle and vertical. Learn more on our website: http://www.fypon.com/products/louvers.aspx.