- Anything special I should know about storing Fypon products?
- These products can be stored either inside or outside, but not in extreme heat. Products should be stored as it is intended to be installed. For optimum use, Polyurethane compatible adhesive should be stored at room temperature until ready to use. Acclimate polyurethane products before installation up to 10 hours.
- How are Fypon products made?
- Mainly, isocyanate and resin are mixed to create polyurethane. This is a thermogenic reaction. The compounds foam and expand. The polyurethane is kept under pressure in a mold as it expands to any desired shape.
- What are some general tips you have related to installing polyurethane products?
- Never install products with fasteners only. For best results, always use noncorrosive fasteners along with Polyurthane compatible adhesive on the back and at all decorative moulding joints.
For a full list of installation instructions, click here.
- What if I want a woodgrain look to my mouldings, louvers or shutters?
Fypon offers an assortment of products (including mouldings, louvers, shutters, beams, brackets and corbels!) with a woodgrain pattern and texture molded into the product. You can then stain or paint the product to match your color scheme.
Fypon products come double-primed, so they're ready to accept paint and stain. If you're painting, use a high quality latex paint. And, feel free to try faux painting for more decorative looks!
- What type of maintenance is needed to keep Fypon products looking good once they're installed?
- Very little, Fypon products are all low maintenance millwork products, making them ideal for both the interior and exterior of the home.
- What types of products are in the Fypon line?
- There are thousands of pieces in the Fypon products line. Generally, the products fall into the following categories: decorative millwork, mouldings, window trim, entrance trim, eave vents, balustrade systems, columns/column wraps, louvers, and QuickRail® Systems. Click here for the full on-line Fypon catalog.
- Why and how do people use Fypon products?
- Fypon products add character and beauty to both the interior and exterior of homes. Many homeowners use the exterior products to add “curb appeal” to their homes and make them more attractive. On the inside of a home, people use mouldings, ceiling medallions and wall niches to upgrade the look of different rooms. In addition to their aesthetic appeal, Fypon products are lightweight and easier to install than wood, plaster and other moulding products — making it a top selection of both building professionals and consumers.